London is the capital of England and United Kingdom (UK). It is Britain’s largest and most crowded metropolitan area. London is a foremost global educational centre, having one of the largest populations of overseas students of any city in the world.
UCL, Imperial College London, Queen Mary University of London, King’s College London and LSE are leading centers of research and stand alongside MIT, University of California, Berkeley and other US Universities are very famous in terms of international repute. Virtually all leading British learned societies are based in London. The Royal Institution has historic importance, repository and promoter of acquisition of scientific knowledge through research and study.
OTHER INSTITUTIONS FOR HIGHER EDUCATION
There are also numbers of colleges in London that offer education leading to degree authenticated by universities but not from actual universities. Some of these colleges are private institutions and very similar to actual universities like European Business School or Regent’s College.
London also has various further education colleges funded by Learning and Skills Councils. Traditionally these were completely separated from higher education system and offered vocational education below university level. This distinction is breaking down and various further education colleges now offer university level courses validated by local university and prepare students for university entrance, as well as providing them vocational courses.
London is also Britain’s leading centre for arts education. London has four music conservatories like:
- Royal College of Music
- The Royal Academy of Music
- Trinity College of Music
- The Guildhall School of Music and Drama
Art and design schools include
- Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design
- Chelsea College of Art and Design
- London College of Communication
- London College of Fashion
- Goldsmiths College
- University of London
- Royal College of Art
- Slade School of Art
London is an important centre for medical education. The city’s medical schools are attached to top hospitals and some of them are numerous centuries old. The number of medical schools has been reduced to five after a recent series of mergers.
- Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry
- King’s College London School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences (formerly Guy’s, King’s and St Thomas’ School of Medicine)
- Imperial College School of Medicine
- University College London Medical School
- St George’s Hospital Medical School
Speech is an articulated form of human communication and it based on synaptic combination of lingual and names that are drawn from large vocabularies. Human speakers (cryptologist) are often able to communicate in two or more of them. Writing speech in many ways like writing on paper or in soft form electronically, excluding that there is no penalty of spelling and punctuation errors. When you are writing a speech for you then try to use those words which you can pronounce in comfortable way. If you don’t know the meaning of any word then exclude it from speech because these factors can break your concentration and lead you toward less fluent delivery of speech. If you want to write an effective speech either for your college seminar or for any event in your institute or for your convocation, there are some simple but effective tips by following them you can write a perfect and impressive speech.
- First of all you should evaluate how much time of your speech should take. If you have limited time then try to keep your speech brief & concise but yet informative.
- Inquire about your audience and let your perception about audience then shape the tone of your speech according to audience as to maintain audience interest and attention.
- Start your speech with an introduction that reflects about you like who you are, why you are here, what your purpose is, why you will be talking about it and how much time you are going to take. You can also include a joke, anecdote or any interesting fact to grab and maintain audience’s attention.
- Prepare some key points, you can organize your information into 3-7 key points and prioritize them according to importance and effectiveness.
- After completion of speech proof read it and delete all extra points that are not crucial for your speech in case if you have too much material for your speech according to your time frame.
- Write your speech in chronological order. Start your speech with most important point, then go forward with least important point and move slowly towards most important points. Try to keep balance between most important and less important points to grab attention of audience. For example if you have 7-8 points then keep the most important point at number 1 & 2 then keep least important points on number 3 &4 etc. in order to give effective presentation of your speech.
- Try to support your each point with the help of statistic facts and figures, examples, interesting short stories, quotations and all other supportive material.
- Link all points of your speech with each other like you should link your introduction, body points of speech and conclusion together in smooth transition.
- At the end conclude your whole speech such as you can summarize all main points of your speech from start to end to leave your audience with a lasting impression.
THINGS TO REMEMBER
- Your introduction should contain total 10-15% part of your total speech and conclusion should make up 5-10%.
- If you are preparing your speech in hand writing then make it sure that it is easily readable and if you want to take print then take it in large and clear letter.
- Rehearse your speech many times before delivering it to maintain confidence and fluency.
- If you are going to deliver a great deal of information then support your information with handout and visual aids to help your audience to remember your points. Trim your speech if possible.
Colleges and universities in Switzerland are places where the doors of knowledge are opened for the generations. Mankind finds the new horizons of knowledge and skills by entering in these institutes. Education plays an important role in the development of mankind, its resources and yields the civilization as well. Education is considered most important in the life of an individual all over the world.
EDUCATION IN SWITZERLAND
As we know that there are no natural resources in Switzerland. So Switzerland has tried to compensate this shortage by getting more advances in the field of education. All its prosperity and development depends on its brain power. That’s why Switzerland has world’s best education system that is strongly accepted and adopted all over the world. In Switzerland, mostly people continue their study in colleges and universities after completion of compulsory education. Educational industry of Switzerland has groomed as much as people around the world desire to send their beloved children to Switzerland for higher studies. Switzerland is recognized throughout the world for its Canton Education System (Kindergarten Schools and Universities). However municipalities of Switzerland provide primary and secondary education as well to their children.
COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES OF SWITZERLAND
There are a number of schools and colleges in Switzerland. From the large number of universities, mostly running under Canton whereas some universities run by confederation. Switzerland provides all types of education to its inhabitants whether it is technical, social, commercial, political or Science/art. Duration of education of an individual vary significantly in Switzerland. Aside from the university education of Switzerland, Vocational training is also provided to youngsters in certain colleges. There are seven specialized colleges in Switzerland.
LIST OF TOP UNIVERSITIES IN SWITZERLAND
As we already mention that there are a number of universities that are accomplishing the responsibility in educating and training the human resources of Switzerland. However there is a list of top universities of Switzerland that can be used for rough guide.
RANK INSTITUTE NAME
1 ETH Zurich ( Swiss Federal Institute of Technology)
2 University of Geneva
3 University of Basel
4 Ecole Polytechnique Federale Lausanne
5 University of Zurich
6 University of Bern
7 University of Lausanne
There are a number of such private universities and colleges in Switzerland that offer many courses and diplomas. The education system of these institutes is based on Anglo-American system to very extent. The programs and diplomas offered by these institutes are not much preferred in Switzerland; so the individuals taking interest in doing these diplomas/courses are strongly recommended that they must be aware of this point before admitted there.
As concerned the admission criteria in the institutes of Switzerland, it vary with the establishment/development of institutes and other factors. It is suggested that individuals who are looking for admission in the institutes of Switzerland in higher education, they must directly contacted with the institutes so that there may not occur any confusion or discrepancy in the process of admission.
In short education system of Switzerland is known in all over the world. It is providing quality education that covers almost every field of life. Switzerland has compensated its shortage of natural resources in terms of education and professional training of its inhabitants.
College education has become so expensive that many families give up hope of ever being able to send their children. How to pay for a college? There are however some excellent resources to check out that can provide great assistance and put a college education within your reach.
1. START SMALLER: While your instinct may be to jump right into a major university, start smaller with a community college for some major savings. This can allow you to get some fundamental credits under your belt, and as you build up your grade point you might just get some financial help with your transfer to a bigger and more reputable university.
2. LOOK FOR UNCONVENTIONAL SCHOLARSHIPS OR GRANTS: You may not realize just how many scholarships or grants are out there. Check out unusual resources; go for the types that you may not even think you qualify for. If you have any specific heritage or cultural background, look for scholarships in that category. This can provide an excellent education in a way that you may not have even realized existed. Think big!
3. USE YOUR SMARTS EARLY ON: Taking advanced placement or college level credits in high school or over the summer can help to contribute to your graduation requirements. If you have access to such courses, you can place out of them at the college level and this can equal far more savings in the end.
4. PAY YOUR DUES: If you go to school through a military scholarship, you can often get a free ride or a major savings. The requirement is that you pay your dues by serving in an active role within the military, or at the very least take the training to keep current in case you are ever needed.
5. DIVE INTO UNUSUAL PAYMENT PROGRAMS: You can save some money and feel the burn in your wallet a little less if you pay it off a little bit at a time. Rather than writing out one big check, you can work with the university or financial aid office to pay as you go or pay a few times throughout the year.
6. START A BUSINESS EARLY ON: There are so many talents that young adults have, and these days you can create a website for just about anything. Work with your child to create an online site to sell items or focus on something that they are good at. Not only will this help to pay for a college education, but it will also teach them business skills in the process.
7. WORK IT OFF: There are some excellent opportunities for students to work while in college and they can make some pretty good money doing so. Take on a job early on and designate a certain amount that goes towards the tuition bill or the living expenses. This also helps to teach responsibility, so it’s a win-win!
A college education may very well be within your reach, so don’t give up hope before you’ve checked out all of your avenues. These ideas can help you to think outside the box and get the college education that you are really after.
Mary M. Frederick blogs about how to choose the best undergraduate degrees for career potential.
Do you know why we need to choose a career?
We need to choose a career to survive. We need to choose a career to be independent in our life. In fact career is a profession that we choose to earn livelihood. We can not depend on others so we have to choose a career to spend a happy life and to get assured for a secure future. So be serious about your career.
Are you wondering how to get help for choosing career? No worries! Here you will find some key points and instructions to decide about your best suited career.
Your career is very important in your life. Your life’s happiness depends on your career. So while you are choosing your career, you should be very careful. You should choose a profession in which you are interested. Do not rely on others choice.
If you have any hobby, you can adopt this field as your career because you will take it easy and interesting. On other hand you can talk to your parents to choose a career as they know batter about you. They can give you a sincere opinion.
You should choose a field that has great scope. Before choosing a career you observe yourself. Choose a field matching your personality. Here I describe some resources that may help you in deciding what career you can choose. They provide you guideline either with or without charges.
You can visit to career counselors for help to selecting a right career. They can help you to identify talent and skills and instruct you how to utilize and polish your skills and expertise in best ways so that you get succeeded finding right career. They are professionals to assist you in your job search.
There are many books on title “I need help deciding what career to choose”. You can get assistance from these books. Books never lie and provide you true ways like good friends.
Now-a-days some organizations also help people to select a right career, for instance, social welfare organizations, NGOs etc. These organizations help people for free consultancy and guidance. You can visit these organizations for help.
Mostly state’s government opens the schools or institution to guide their people to choose good careers.
So I think in this modern age choosing a career is not a big deal. Yes! But no doubt that it is one of the important decisions in one’s life.